Our skilled staff comprising of Registered Nurses, Registered Dietitian and a Social Worker will meet with you one-on-one to provide free diabetes prevention and self-management services. The focus of this session is to address your questions and goals in a supportive and inclusive environment. We ask that you bring your most updated medications list and blood glucose meter (if applicable) with you to this appointment. Follow-up sessions are offered and encouraged.
Free interpretation services, free parking, and free transit tickets (TTC token or Mississauga MiWay ticket) are available upon request.
Our group education sessions are designed to provide practical information on diabetes self-management. It is our hope that these sessions will help you to understand diabetes with support, practical tools, and guidance. These sessions are co-facilitated by our Registered Dietitian and Registered Nurse. Our partnership with Community Health Centers and other agencies allow us to hold these sessions in South Etobicoke, Mississauga, and other areas in Toronto.
Group Sessions covering the following topics:
- Introduction to Type 2 Diabetes
- Understanding oral medications and insulin
- Tips for Meal Planning, Grocery Shopping, and Reading Nutrition Labels
- Healthy Eating and Exercise
- Stress Management and Emotional Eating
- Physical Activity
- Diabetes and Healthy Feet
We work with your family doctor or diabetes specialist to provide you with optimal and comprehensive care!
Primary Care Providers
- For those within the Toronto Central LHIN Toronto Diabetes Care Connect
- For those within the Mississauga Halton LHIN Mississauga Halton Central Care Intake Program
- Physicians can also refer using West Toronto DEP – Physician Referral Form
- If you are a client looking for diabetes self-management education, you can download the following PDF and fax to 416 252 9141
- See link for West Toronto DEP Self-Referral Form
Agency Request Form
- If you are interested in having a Diabetes Group Education Session at your agency or place of employment, please complete and fax us the registration form below to 416 252 9141.
- See link for West Toronto DEP_Agency Request for Group
For more information, please call 416 252 1928.