Advocacy & Mental Health Counselling
The Social Worker provides short-term counselling, case management and advocacy to clients in our service area. LAMP’s Social Worker helps people with a range of concerns including income support, family and relationship issues, feelings of depression and anxiety, trauma counselling, coping with illness, and dealing with past or current abuse and managing drug/alcohol use.
- Registered client of the health centre.
- Self-referrals not accepted; please request a referral from your LAMP provider.
*Please note there is a wait list for service. Once referred your name will be added to the waitlist*
If you are in crisis and need immediate support please contact 911 or one of the following crisis support services:
- Gerstein Centre: 416 929-5200
- Toronto Distress Centres: 416 408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416 863-0511; Toll-free: 1 866 863-0511
- Kids Help Phone: 1 800 668-6868; Languages: English and French
- Toronto Seniors Helpline: 416-217-2077
To assist you in accessing mental health services, the following community resources are available:
Canadian Mental Health Association https://toronto.cmha.ca/
Reconnect Mental Health https://www.reconnect.on.ca/fame-family-and-caregiver-support-services/
The Gatehouse http://thegatehouse.org/
Drop-in Social Work: Currently ON HOLD
LAMP’s drop-in counselling is currently on hold; updates will be posted when they become available.
Walk-in Counselling Available in Toronto:
- Family Services Toronto – single, virtual drop-in sessions
- Available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Call Service Access Unit at 416-595-9618
- Woodgreen – virtual or phone
- One-hour counselling sessions are offered Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 4:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- Intake – (416) 645–6000 ext. 1990
- What’s Up Walk-in – virtual or phone
- Immediate mental health counselling for children, youth, young adults and their families, and families with infants is available at the What’s Up Walk-In® Clinic.
- Monday to Friday 9AM – 7PM, Saturday 10AM — 4PM
- Please call Help Ahead at 1-866-585-6486