COVID-19 Update March 1st, 2023:
We have resumed the tax clinic as in person/ drop-off service and by email for clients starting from March 1st 2023. The service is still by appointment. Documents will not be accepted during any other time outside of appointments. If you have any questions, please call 416-252-9701 ext 280/281.
Income Tax preparation assistance for individuals and families who are unable to complete their own returns and who are on a low/fixed income. Service is provided by volunteers. Basic returns only (no business, self employed or deceased returns – or returns that have rental income, capital gains, etc.) For a list of documents you need to have and bring with you, see the bottom of this page.
Do you have accounting or tax filing experience and are looking for a way to give back, feel like you’re making a difference, all while meeting interesting people? We are always in need of volunteers both during the year and our very busy tax season. For more information, please contact Saeid 416-252-9701 ext 245 for details about the work and process, or check the Volunteer section of our website.
March and April by appointment only. For more information call from February 28th: 416-252-9701 Ext 280 / 281.
Various days, by appointment. Please call: (416) 252-9701 ext 280 / 281
Target Population: Low income individuals and families residing in South/Central Etobicoke.
Intake: Income and Eligibility criteria apply
- Single Person…………………………Total annual income of $35,000 or less
- Couples…………………………………..Total combined annual income of $45,000 or less
- One Adult with child……………..Total annual income of $37,500 or less
- Each additional dependent…..add $2,500 to above
- Interest income……………………..less than $1,000
We do not assist with returns for:
- Business or self-employed individuals
- Deceased persons
- Individuals with rental income
- Individuals with capital gains (stocks, bonds, annuities)
- Foreign Property
What to bring to your appointment
- Copy of your 2021 Return and Notice of Assessment
- SIN Card
- Photo ID and Postal Code
- All Income Slips (T4, T5007, T4-E, T4-A, T-5, T-3, RC 62, RC 210, T4RSP, T4RIF, any other income info/statements, including foreign income, etc
Expense Info and Receipts that apply to you:
- Date of marriage or separation (if in 2022)
- Total Rent paid, receipts and all addresses for 2022 (or letter from landlord(s) with Total amount paid in 2021, and name and address of landlord(s)
- Details and Amount of any alimony or support maintenance received or paid
- List of Dependents (full name(s), exact birth dates and SIN card/#, if available) and details of any income
- Total Property Taxes paid in 2022 and Final Statement
- Childcare Receipts and Caregiver’s name, address, phone and SIN #
- Universal Child Care Benefits (RC 62) Slips
- Medical and Charitable Receipts (please add up)
- Monthly public transit passes and receipts
- Child fitness/arts expenses
- Union dues
- Tuition Fees/Education Amount (T2202/T2202A)
- Student loan interest
- RRSP Contributions
- Disability certificate—Form T2201 (if first yr. of claim or if previous one expired