Please note that all appointment spots are now full. We are running a cancellation/wait list.
To find other locations providing similar services, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website or call us for information.
Check this page for updates and changes. Thank you.
Income Tax preparation assistance for individuals and families who are unable to complete their own returns and who are on a low/fixed income. Service is provided by volunteers. Basic returns only (no business, self employed or deceased returns – or returns that have rental income, capital gains, etc.) For a list of documents you need to have and bring with you, see the bottom of this page.
March and April by appointment only. For more information call after February 12th: 416-252-9701 Ext 280 / 281
May through February
Various days, by appointment. Please call: (416) 252-9701 ext 280 / 281
Target Population: Low income individuals and families residing in South/Central Etobicoke.
Intake: Income and Eligibility criteria apply
- Single Person…………………………Total annual income of $35,000 or less
- Couples…………………………………..Total combined annual income of $45,000 or less
- One Adult with child……………..Total annual income of $37,500 or less
- Each additional dependent…..add $2,500 to above
- Interest income……………………..less than $1,000
We do not assist with returns for:
- Business or self-employed individuals
- Deceased persons
- Individuals with rental income
- Individuals with capital gains (stocks, bonds, annuities)
- Foreign Property
What to bring to your appointment
- Copy of your 2017 Return and Notice of Assessment
- SIN Card
- Photo ID and Postal Code
- All Income Slips (T4, T5007, T4-E, T4-A, T-5, T-3, RC 62, RC 210, T4RSP, T4RIF, any other income info/statements, including foreign income, etc
Expense Info and Receipts that apply to you:
- Date of marriage or separation (if in 2018)
- Total Rent paid, receipts and all addresses for 2018 (or letter from landlord(s) with Total amount paid in 2018, and name and address of landlord(s)
- Details and Amount of any alimony or support maintenance received or paid
- List of Dependents (full name(s), exact birth dates and SIN card/#, if available) and details of any income
- Total Property Taxes paid in 2018 and Final Statement
- Childcare Receipts and Caregiver’s name, address, phone and SIN #
- Universal Child Care Benefits (RC 62) Slips
- Medical and Charitable Receipts (please add up)
- Monthly public transit passes and receipts
- Child fitness/arts expenses
- Union dues
- Tuition Fees/Education Amount (T2202/T2202A)
- Student loan interest
- RRSP Contributions
- Disability certificate—Form T2201 (if first yr. of claim or if previous one expired